Dark Contemporary Romance. Contains explicit sexual situations, violence, disturbingly sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language and very mature topics. Recommended for ages 18 and over.
After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA Hons in Religious Studies, Tillie followed her Professional Rugby player husband around the world for a decade, becoming a teacher in between and thoroughly enjoyed teaching High School students Social Studies before putting pen to paper, and finishing her first novel.
Tillie has now settled in Austin, Texas, where she is finally able to sit down and write, throwing herself into fantasy worlds and the fabulous minds of her characters.
Tillie is both an independent and traditionally published author, and writes many genres including: Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, Young Adult and New Adult novels.
When she is not writing, Tillie enjoys nothing more than curling up on her couch watching movies, drinking far too much coffee, while convincing herself that she really doesn’t need that extra square of chocolate.
Honoring the wishes for a spoiler free review and writing a review about Sick Fux by Tillie Cole is a feature that is almost impossible.
So I might go with stating some facts…
- This is a book unlike any I have ever read
- It is dark – in fact it might be darkest book I have ever read
- Usually I read semi dark books but only when I trust the author – if there is even a genre like that – I read several of Tillie and they are not sunshine and roses but this one is far beyond them
- Did I mention I have NEVER read anything like it ?
- Lovers of Tillie’s writing style will find her remarkable plotting combined with something I would have never expected – but let’s be real I should have been warned because she was clear enough about her intention of making this dark.
//QUOTING// Do NOT read this novel if you have issues with violence (really inventive acts of violence), taboo topics (yes, this book goes down some seriously interesting routes), and an (un)healthy dose of effed-up-ness (yes, I invented this word just to help make this point!).
Our main couple are off the charts crazy. The story will have your jaws dropping and you shouting, “WHAT THE EFF????” frequently at your kindle/paperback’s page.//UNQUOTE//
- PLEASE if you love your sanity and if you would like your mind to be untouched by an overwhelming amount of well developed and super written crazy STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORY … the author is NOT KIDDING
- I found myself open mouthed and staring at the pages at several occasions while the story unfolded in front of myself
- And wondering if we will hear again form these characters
- All you fairytales out in the world you should be scared of this author getting her hands on you
- I went down the rabbit hole and I think I crawled out mostly intact but only because I was prepared as I kind of guessed what this author is capable off
- Why not 5 stars ? …. Well the 5th star for me is the “feel” star and while this story is full and overwhelming in its details – I did not feel enough for this 5ths star… maybe because I did not want my emotions to get to close to the ever-present CRAZY that was lurking in all the corners ? Or maybe the crazy was really to overwhelming so that the emotions I needed were drowned I can not be sure
- But the fact remains that lovers of Dark will devour this book and most probably not even blink an eye before trying to find a 6 star for the uniqueness of the story alone.